Sunday, December 20, 2009

What's a Good Recipe/Meal Planner/Shopping Software?

Hello, I've been looking for the best software to use for my family's needs. I've been using AllRecipes.com and like it, but worry one day that it will close and all my recipes will be gone. It's also a little limited.





I love to be organized. I think it makes everyday life much easier. I'm also kind of a techno geek. So the fact that so far I've not come up with a good solution on the computer for my recipes, menu planning %26amp; shopping is out of character for me and I'm ready to change this. I don't want to put a lot of time into a software to find that there's a better one for our needs.





Here's what I'm looking for. I would love to be able to ....


- enter all my recipes


- upload pictures for each


- change the serving sizes and it automatically fix the ingredients


- create a menu for the week/month


- automatically create a shopping list from my menu


- maybe have a list of what I already have on hand





Does anyone know of good software for me?





Thanks, Jody :o)What's a Good Recipe/Meal Planner/Shopping Software?
Here's a great sight it has all the features you want. You can up-grade if you like. I've been cooking for 40 years and I like this. Be sure to scroll all the way to the bottom to see all the features. Bonus, nutritional value analysis.What's a Good Recipe/Meal Planner/Shopping Software?
I highly recommend MasterCook. I have been using it for over 10 years (started with version 3 or 4) and have upgraded periodically. It does everything you want it to do except maybe keep track of what you have on hand (though I do think you can search by ingredient). It also has a bang up nutritional calculator. The import tool is pretty slick too so getting recipes into the software is fairly painless.

No comments:

Post a Comment