Sunday, December 20, 2009

Can you reccomend a good cooking/recipe software?

There are just too many to choose from out there. I looked at the following: Cook'n, BigOven, Living Cookbook, eChef, Recipe Center, AccuChef, and Home Cookin. They all look similar. Would reccomend or NOT reccomend any of them, and why?Can you reccomend a good cooking/recipe software?
Living Cookbook (or Diet Pro... all of Living Cookbook plus diet tracking software)





I used to use MasterCook (but the began to be disappointed in the newer versions) and tried Cook'n, Recipe Center aand Big Oven. I finally settled on Living Cookbook and have been extremely happy. It does everything I want and more. When I thought it wouldn't do something I went on to the website bulliten board and asked questions, within hours the programmer/creater wrote me back with all the info I need. No one else will give you that kind of support.


I especially love the capture feature to copy and paste into Living Cookbook. Also you can download from EveryLastRecipe.com directly into Living Cookbook/Diet Pro





I find it very easy to add photos of my recipes (a feature I really like). And very easy to share recipes via email, print, printed collection, or by USB key.





I use the recipe websites all the time. But I collect recipes I love into my Living Cookbook. I don't want to log on one day to a website and be able to find that recipe I love. If it is in Living Cookbook, I know I will always have it. (I back mine up on a USB key) Beside Living Cookbook keeps a list/links to all of your favorite recipe sites too.





You can download a free trial and check it out for yourself.


http://livingcookbook.com/resources/reso鈥?/a>Can you reccomend a good cooking/recipe software?
Try the Talking Recipe Book.





You can buy it from hobbycook.com Report Abuse

I like www.foodtv.com - no software to load, many different styles, search by recipe or ingredient or chef/show, frequent updates...
I use Epicurious.com and never have any problem with it at all...

No comments:

Post a Comment