Sunday, December 20, 2009

Is there a good software for categorizing recipes?

I collect recipes from friends, family, Internet and magazines. I would like to enter these into some type of EASY to use software on my computer so I can print, scale up or down and put them into categories I can use. Otherwise, my recipes are in a drawer someplace with no way of finding the one I want.Is there a good software for categorizing recipes?
I second the recommendation for MasterCook. It does everything you listed as wanting it to do.


Print - provides several different formats


Scaling - up and down


Categorize - Comes with a whole list of categories but it is really easy to add your own too. Each recipe can be put in as many categories as you want.





Plus it has a fabulous shopping list feature (love it when preparing for Christmas cookie baking as it creates running totals of ingredients needed.)





Menu planning feature is neat as well if you are planning for a family.





Nutritional information - does nutritional calculations and shows you which ingredients it couldn't calculate.





Easy to use import tool makes getting recipes into the software a snap.Is there a good software for categorizing recipes?
I just save my recipes on my favorites. I created a folder for each category inside a Recipe folder. Other thing you could do is to use the files, which is better for you. Go to my documents, create a folder for RECIPES and create folders inside for the categories. The good thing about this one is that you can cut and paste recipes to WORD and then save it in this folder. Easy and you don't need to spend money with soft wear.
I've used MasterCook/Cooking Light for years. You can get the software on ebay.
  • hardware
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment